GBM’s PM solutions have enabled organizations to:
- Drive Growth
- Enhance Cost Management
- Address Risk Management
Today's CFO's are balancing innovation, growth, risk management and cost reduction to prioritize and optimize their finance transformations and improvement efforts. The role of the CFO requires the ability to operate at the strategic level while simultaneously managing multiple, detailed levels of performance across the whole organization. It demands a 360-degree view—backwards to report, alert to current conditions, and the ability to plan for the future.
Financial Close Management solutions automate the close, consolidation and reporting process from data collection to output of management and regulatory reports. This is the second of three Financial Performance Management (FPM) buying agendas that make up the Primary BA Financial LOB sales play that also includes guidance on planning, budgeting and forecasting, as well as management and performance reporting agendas.
Depending on your entry point into the account, your financial performance management discussion can lead to other areas of the Office of Finance (OOF), allowing for deeper account penetration and overall client success.
The OOF now has a wider focus that includes measurement of business performance, provides inputs into enterprise strategy, drives enterprise cost reduction, manages risk and drives the integration of information across the enterprise. There are four areas of activities that involve the Office of Finance during the financial cycle:
- Planning, Analysis and Forecasting
- Financial Close Management
- Management and Performance Reporting
Enterprise planning solutions automate budgeting and perform dynamic, driver-based forecasting and “what-if” scenario modeling that helps organizations transform their entire planning cycle, from target setting and budget rollout to reporting, analysis and reforecasting. The Office of Finance can rapidly analyze data, model business requirements and collaborate on plans, budgets and forecasts to uncover hidden business options and optimize performance.
Management and Performance Reporting solutions GBM offers OOF a comprehensive solution that covers the entire spectrum of reporting this helps organizations create, organize and manage all their external and internal report requirements, along with providing KPI-driven scorecards. The solutions automate the process of collecting, preparing, certifying and controlling financial statements for both narrative reporting internally and external regulatory and statutory requirements, while providing visual indicators of success to departmental managers as they pertain to executive management goals.
FINANCE TRANSFORMATION SERVICES
Finance transformation services are at the core of the GBM financial management services. Using diagnostic and strategic tools for profit improvement and modeling, GBM can help and assess the organizational design, integrate financial functions, improve forecasting and reporting, develop predictive capabilities, reduce risk, and optimize the strategic functions of the finance organization.
The following GBM finance transformation services enable organizations to improve their core finance functions, including transaction processing, control and risk and decision support/performance management activities:
- Finance transformation strategy: Analyze and evaluate how to transform finance's role in linking enterprise strategy to shareholder value, increasing profitability and improving cost management, optimizing resource allocation, and identifying and prioritizing value creation opportunities into a roadmap
- Finance operations improvement: Identify opportunities for improvement, efficiency and greater effectiveness in core finance operations, and improvements to ERP activities, practices and systems.
- Business performance planning and reporting: Develop key capabilities, processes and practices to improve overall effectiveness of finance oversight and management.
- Treasury management: Evaluate treasury processes and systems in the context of leading practices; re-engineer cash and investment management processes; and align performance measurement with organization, compliance, controls & be