Account Manager –Banking Industry
Apply Closing Date: December 31, 2023
Sales and marketing
- Preferably have existing relationships with Banking & Finance Customers in Qatar.
- Acquire a strategic position for GBM and differentiate GBM from the competition. Promote and sell GBM services and GBM partners’ products.
- Lead & win digital transformation engagements, GBM services, and support & maintenance contracts.
- Build and develop a GBM pipeline of qualified and to-be-qualified business opportunities.
- Innovate and develop demand for GBM’s portfolio of products and services.
- Promote GBM events, generate leads, and follow up on leads generated by other GBM colleagues and GBM partners.
- Maximize GBM wallet share by increasing GBM participation in customers’ projects Up-sell and cross-sell when appropriate.
- Co-own bid preparation and lead bid readiness & submission.
- Achieve assigned revenue and GBM value-add services targets.
- Work closely with GBM Project Managers to ensure successful project delivery according to contract scope, budget, and time schedule while improving customer satisfaction and the customer experience in working with GBM.
- Cooperate with LOB to maximize GBM profit and reduce GBM risks.
- Manage customer expectations and avoid over-commitment.
- Lead and support the GBM team in contract negotiation with customers to protect GBM’s interest, and reduce financial and legal risks while improving customers’ payment terms in favor of GBM.
- Coordinate with the GBM team to ensure GBM met its commitments, GBM invoices are accepted by customers and are paid on time.
- Proactively engage with GBM A/R Team to identify solutions for account receivable issues.
Relationship Management & Customer Insight (LOB/IT)
- Gain respect as a trusted advisor and business manager for customers set with the IT Department team, management, and customers LOB team and management.
- Acquire a deep understanding of customers’ corporate strategy, KPIs, future projects, initiatives, and immediate needs of customer set.
- Gain a detailed understanding of customers’ organizational structure and decision-making process.
- Build trusted relationships with key decision-makers for each major opportunity, understand the influence map, and build effective strategies for closing major opportunities.
- Regularly arrange meetings with GBM management to maintain a dialog with customers’ management and leadership team.
- Gain competitive insights from customers related to key initiatives including but not limited to preference in technology, partners, budget, and position GBM’s major value proposition to differentiate it from the competition.
Skills and Banking & Finance Industry Insight
- Abreast with GBM’s portfolio of offerings and solutions.
- Develop and maintain a deeper understanding of the Banking & Finance industry sector that customers are in and keep up with trends and challenges directly or indirectly affecting the customers.
- Keep up to date with the latest information about local market influences, challenges, and competition.
- Acquire and maintain IT and Banking industry sector sales certifications and improve your capabilities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
Qualifications / Skills:
- Enterprise IT functional and business value skills
- Banking and Finance Industry Sector business skills
- Sales planning & sales closing skills
- Prospecting and business development
- Opportunity qualification
- Relationship and conflict management
- Forecasting and business planning
- Business risk assessment & management
- Negotiation and contracting skills
- Time-management & scheduling
- Communication verbal, writing and presentation
- Team leader and team player
- Project & performance management