IBM Z Systems Sales Specialist
IBM Z Systems Sales Specialists (SSS) are responsible for customer engagements to sell IBM Z and Linux ONE Systems. The SSS will work with their sales counterparts (Account Managers) to help ensure our customers have everything needed to be able to decide on buying and using the latest mainframe and Linux ONE servers. The SSS should have knowledge across the mainframe and Linux ONE technology portfolio so they can help to grow IBM Z Systems installed base at our customers and acquire new customers. The SSS should be able to help lead technical discussions or perform demos on how the IBM solutions could be positioned and used.
The SSS will work closely with its sales peers to manage and build relationships with existing and potential customers and work to ensure revenue targets are met. These objectives will be met by demonstrating thought leadership for the technical sales aspects of the portfolio of Systems offerings and solutions through the assigned accounts.
The SSS will drive a balance of opportunity identification, opportunity progression, and technical skills enablement by:
- Acting as a key member of the GBM Account Team to ensure a successful sales cycle
- Earning trusted advisor status with assigned clients for IBM z (HW/SW) and Linux ONE.
- Embracing a culture of continuous learning, taking pride in their technical expertise, and providing measurable value to Clients and fellow GBMers
- Co-creating and leading IBM Z and Linux ONE sales and growth play initiatives for the assigned territory.
- Openly sharing best practices and developing re-usable assets based on trending industry use cases
- Supporting complex opportunities, eliminating hurdles, and delivering effective presentations, demonstrations, Proofs of Concept, and workshops that help Business Partners to close and deliver committed revenue
- Linking with the field technical teams to ensure smooth transaction hand-offs and a positive client experience.
- Helping to promote and integrate IBM products into ISV solutions and supporting “first of a kind” opportunities, especially in the Linux ONE area (Banking solutions, Digital Assets, …etc.)
- A well-rounded blend of sales and technical background with an understanding of the broad range of IBM Z and Linux ONE Systems offerings
- In the trenches experience with mainframe Systems including (but not limited to) z/OS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels across the organization and equally comfortable dealing at technical and management/executive levels
- Outward enthusiasm, client focus, personal dedication, passion for the business, and drive to achieve
- Apply an understanding of the IBM z / Linux ONE strategy, industry trends, key industry players, and competitors to architect and deliver solutions that address client needs
- Ability to understand business problems and provide guidance to GBM account managers on strategies that will produce winning solutions that result in client business value
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Provide status information to the management including forecast/pipeline information providing consolidated forecasts for all opportunities.
- Working with the delivery service team to ensure high-quality project service delivery.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology/Telecommunications/Electronics/ Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience of (8-Years) in pre-sales and sales positions with knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key ISV solutions.
- Experience in mainframe and Linux ONE technologies including z/OS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and OCP.
- Prior experience in managing tender requests.
- Good consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client’s business needs with solutions. Knowledge of the customer’s infrastructure and architecture.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Good problem-finding and solving skills.
- Dedicated to achieving goals.
- Strong work ethics
- Good written and spoken English proficiency.
- Independent problem-solving abilities and out-of-the-box thinking.
Preferred Technical & Profesional Expertise :
- Experience in IBM Cloud Paks
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oracle and open-source DBs