Business Development Manager (BDM) – Sustainability
Sustainability is an area of transformation in Qatar as the country is leapfrogging on ESG. GBM is the System Integrator of choice on this transition, partnering with leading technology solution providers on ESG such as IBM. A Business Development Manager (BDM) for Sustainability will use his/her strategic thinking and consulting skills on Sustainability to identify and nurture new strategic opportunities with
clients across both government and private sectors in Qatar, eventually closing commercial deals of scale.
The main responsibilities for a BDM -Sustainability include:
- Strategic Consulting: Act as a strategic thinker & consultant on Sustainability to large enterprises and Government entities in Qatar. Lead them on a path to define Strategy, Roadmaps and Frameworks on sustainability.
- GBM’s Brand Ambassador on Sustainability: Be GBM’s face of sustainability to various government entities to influence nation-wide sustainability initiatives.
- Sales Strategy Development: Develop and implement effective sales strategies, including pricing, positioning, and product offerings to maximize revenue.
- Customer Relationships: Become the credible go-to person on Sustainability in the market and be the GBM face on sustainability to clients. Drive CXO level conversations on Sustainability.
- Sales Collaboration: Be an advocate of various Sustainability solutions to GBM’s Sales and Account teams and work closely with them to align technical solutions with sales strategies, ensuring that the proposed solutions are feasible and deliverable.
- Requirements Gathering: Manage client conversations to collect and document customer-specific business, Operations, and IT requirements vis-à-vis Sustainability.
- Solution Presentations: Create solution presentations and deliver them effectively in meetings with client stakeholders.
- RFP Responses: Take the lead in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs), providing detailed technical solutions and content as needed including Value Proposition, Scope, architecture diagrams, solution designs, sizing, and assumptions.
- Negotiation: Negotiate terms, pricing, and contracts with clients as part of the deal process.
- Market Research and Analysis: Stay updated on industry trends and market conditions.
- Identify potential clients and assess their needs and pain points contributing to Lead Generation
- Post-Sale Handover: Assist in the smooth transition of projects from the pre-sales phase to the post-sales implementation phase, ensuring clear communication of customer expectations and requirements.
- Partnerships: Work collaboratively with the S/W & Solution companies including IBM in Qatar to coordinate client conversations, deal registration, Pricing, product knowledge, joint GTM actions as necessary.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Manage the sales pipeline, track leads, opportunities, and deal progress. Use GBM’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool to maintain records and stay organized.
- Forecasting: Provide accurate sales forecasts to management for resource allocation and budget planning.
- Revenue targets: Take accountability to own and deliver an annual Sales/Revenue Quota on Sustainability.
- Documentation: Ensure that all necessary documentation, including contracts and proposals, is properly prepared and submitted as per GBM’s bid management procedures.
- Compliance: Ensure that all sales activities are conducted in compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and ethical standards.
- Competency with Sustainability/ESG Strategy for Large Enterprises and Governments
- Solid experience with consulting on Sustainability
- Proven experience in selling Sustainability solutions, within a multinational technology
- company or a reputed systems integrator. Familiarity with IBM Envizi will be an added advantage.
- An in-depth understanding of ESG and Sustainability as a business domain.
- Exceptional customer-facing skills to convince CXOs and decision-makers of the suitability of our solutions to solve their sustainability vision and roadmap.
- Sales/Pre-sales and Solutioning background
- Bachelor’s degree. A recognized certification or diploma or Masters on ESG will be an
- 10+ years of Consulting experience on Sustainability, out of which at least 3 years on
- Ability to move to Doha, Qatar
- Excellent English verbal and written skills. Arabic will be an added advantage.