Business Development Manager (BDM) – Software
GBM is the leading partner for IBM in Qatar. We also have strategic partnerships with other Global s/w suppliers. A Business Development Manager (BDM) for Software will drive revenue growth by identifying and pursuing new software sales opportunities, especially on IBM s/w (but not limited to), with clients in Qatar across multiple Industry Verticals, establish and nurture lasting client relationships, and help close commercial deals on software.
The main responsibilities of BDM -Software include:
- Sales Strategy Development: Develop and implement effective sales strategies, including pricing, positioning, and product offerings to maximize revenue.
- Sales Collaboration: Be an advocate of various software products, including IBM to GBM’s client-facing Sales and Account teams and work closely with them to align technical solutions with sales strategies, ensuring that the proposed solutions are feasible and deliverable.
- Requirements Gathering: Manage client conversations to collect and document customer-specific business, Operations, and IT requirements vis-à-vis s/w.
- Solution Presentations: Create solution presentations and deliver them effectively in meetings with client stakeholders. The presentations can also involve product demonstrations, showcasing how the software can solve customer problems and provide value.
- RFP and Proposal Support: Lead in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs), providing detailed technical solutions and content as needed including Value Proposition, Scope, architecture diagrams, solution designs, sizing, and assumptions.
- Sizing: Size the license needs based on client requirements and work closely with the local s/w teams on pricing.
- Negotiation: Negotiate terms, pricing, and contracts with clients as part of the deal process.
- Market Research and Analysis: Stay updated on industry trends and market conditions. Identify potential clients and assess their needs and pain points contributing to Lead Generation
- POCs and Pilot Projects: Coordinate and support POCs and pilot projects or trials of the software to showcase its effectiveness and help customers evaluate its suitability.
- Post-Sale Handover: Assist in the smooth transition of projects from the pre-sales phase to the post-sales implementation phase, ensuring clear communication of customer expectations and requirements.
- Training and Support: Provide training and technical support to sales teams and, in some cases, to customers.
- S/W Partnerships: Work collaboratively with the local S/W teams including IBM in Qatar to coordinate client conversations, deal registration, Pricing, product knowledge, joint GTM actions as necessary.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Manage the sales pipeline, track leads, opportunities, and deal progress. Use GBM’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool to maintain records and stay organized.
- Forecasting: Provide accurate sales forecasts to management for resource allocation and budget planning.
- Revenue targets: Take accountability to own and deliver an annual Sales/Revenue Quota for new Software sales.
- Documentation: Ensure that all necessary documentation, including contracts and proposals, is properly prepared and submitted as per GBM’s bid management procedures.
- Compliance: Ensure that all sales activities are conducted in compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and ethical standards.
- Solid experience in selling enterprise software solutions, within a multinational software company or a reputed systems integrator in areas such as ERPs, Integration, Business Process Management, Asset Management, Automation, and Big Data & AI.
- An in-depth understanding of IBM s/w Products, especially IBM Automation and Integration s/w products and solutions, including their features, capabilities, and benefits is a must.
- Exceptional customer-facing skills to convince the customers of the suitability of the solution to solve their technology problems and meet business needs.
- Sales/Pre-sales and Solutioning background
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related discipline, preferably computer science
- 10+ years of Sales/Pre-sales experience, out of which at least 5 years in Software Sales
- Ability to move to Doha, Qatar
- Excellent English verbal and written skills. Arabic will be an added advantage.