Technical Red Hat Sales Specialist
GBM is looking for an experienced, enterprise-level engineer with a background in IT automation technologies to join us as a Technical Red Hat Sales specialist. In this role, you will work with a set of enterprise customers to provide architectural guidance and implementation advice for Red Hat’s infrastructure portfolio and the Ansible Automation Platform suite of solutions. The technical Sales Specialist is responsible for leading revenue-generating activities and focused on overachieving targets. A successful candidate is a results-oriented person. This individual is responsible for ensuring consistent and predictable sales execution in the territory while meeting or exceeding targets. The role requires a revenue-oriented mindset with experience leading and thriving in a matrix sales organization. This individual must have experience developing and maintaining executive-level relationships with Red Hat’s customers. This leader is critical to support the acceleration of Red Hat as a diverse, inclusive, and customer-centric world-class leader in open-source innovation. As an expert with Red Hat, this person must be inspirational, and capable of contributing to the overall Digital Business Solutions LoB strategy.
What you will do
- Support enterprise customers implementing automated and containerized cloud application platform solutions
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on a customer’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities.
- Perform technical reviews and share knowledge to proactively identify customer needs
- Provide advice and guidance to customers about their current and future Red Hat products.
- Manage and grow customer relationships by delivering attentive, relationship-based support
- Build a sense of trust with customers and serve as their advocate within Red Hat
- Share knowledge and best practices of REDHAT with customers, Drive the adoption of the Red Hat offerings with Enterprise customers.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and success.
- Understands markets and moves decisively and takes advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Achieve/exceed assigned revenue target.
- Maximize customer engagement by designing territories
- Generating leads and improving winning rates.
- Developing proposals and presentations for customers
- Lead commercial negotiation with Red Hat and customers to close deals
What you will bring
- A combination of technical and customer-facing skills and a willingness to embrace and further develop both
- Excellent understanding of Linux and related technologies like management, networking, and storage
- Experience with IT automation, configuration management, application deployment, and infrastructure orchestration technologies
- Competent comprehension of enterprise architecture and strategic business drivers
- Experience with enterprise data center environments and operations
- Ability to manage and grow existing enterprise customer relationships by providing an excellent customer experience
- Ability to explain complex information in straightforward terms; specifically, to align Red Hat’s offerings to customer needs
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn; including earning technology certifications as part of the onboarding and professional development process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex information to customers clearly and concisely
- 5+ years’ experience selling software or service infrastructure solutions to large enterprise organizations
- Solid understanding of the Enterprise market space.
- Demonstrated track record of solution selling and ability to lead with customer business value and outcomes in mind.
- Exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to apply strategic and quantitative approaches.
- Proven ability to perform in a consultative manner and foster trust and cooperation with colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience leading sales in an organization where the solution set requires a solid understanding of the broader technology ecosystem and the complexity of effective architecture/integration of solutions.
- Must have the technical ability to understand Red Hat’s solution portfolio and help shape solution strategy and development.
- Demonstrated ability to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope and define new opportunities to serve customers and drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to execute the sales strategy and value proposition for Enterprise organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to hold oneself and associates accountable for commitments, providing clarity and outlining clear and shared expectations for success.
The following are considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related discipline, preferably computer science or engineering Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud providers, like Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Platform, and IBM Cloud
- Familiarity with source code management tools like Git or Apache Subversion
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware vendors